- We've seen loved ones die suddenly.
- We've experienced dire financial circumstances.
- We've watched dear friends pack up and move away knowing we will most likely never see them again in this life.
- We've watched children make devastating choices.
- We've watched children make amazing choices...but those choices will affect our family's life forever.
- We've dealt with illness, injuries, and the pain that comes from those.
- We've experienced unfairness at work or at school.
- We've walked with our children through unimaginable heartbreak.
2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.
While we are commanded over and over again throughout the Bible to "Be strong.", that strength always comes from the Lord. I'm so thankful that He is my portion and my strength, and that although He calls me to be strong...to hold on...to have courage, He ALWAYS supplies the strength for me to do those things.
A current song on Christian radio is a great reminder of the truth that we don't have to be strong enough. God is strong enough for both of us! Strong Enough by Matthew West