Thursday, December 27, 2012

Is Believing Enough?

It has been way to long since my last post.  I would love to have the time to write regularly.  That just doesn't seem to be the case.  Then, when I do have time, words fail me.  Anyway...


so I have spent the last hour or more typing and retyping, then typing some more.  Trying to put my thoughts into words.  The words just aren't flowing.  I have MUCH I want to say.  I have MUCH I feel like NEEDS to be said. 

BUT
 
THE
 
RIGHT
 
WORDS
 
WON'T
 
FLOW!
 
For now, I'm sticking with a verse from my morning study...
 
Psalm 19:14
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
Be acceptable in Your sight,
O Lord, my rock and my Redeemer.
 
The words I have written and rewritten this morning didn't seem 'acceptable' so for now I'll just not write them. 

(In case you're wondering about the title of the post...that was what I planned to write about.  It just didn't happen this morning.  Maybe later.)
 
Blessings,
Cindy
 

1 comment:

  1. Cindy Ferg,
    I have experienced the same speechless state lately. I have wondered if my short comings will ever bring God glory. I have realized my selfishness in ot sharing the gospel and viewing my spare time as a waste. Last night in my bible study, which I've been lacking tremendously, I read these passages: "I am preparing you for what is on the road ahead, just around the bend. Take time to be still in My Presence ao that I can strengthen you." and "I am the gift that continuously gives- bounteously with no strings attached. Unconditional Love is such a radical concept that even My most devoted followers fail to grasp it fully. Absolutely nothing in heaven or on earth can cause Me to stop loving you. You may feel more loved when you are performing according to your expectations. But My Love for you is perfect; therefore it is not subject to variation." These passages came from a book, Jesus Calling by Sarah Young, that paraphrases scripture into easier to understand "God Speak". Reading these helped me realize that no matter the lack of words, love, action, etc. God is preparing us for His will through His love and is designing an amazing future for us- if we just believe! No matter our short comings or lack of words, God has a purpose. Now, Romans 10:9 tells us, "If you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved." Simple as that! However, that redemtion causes action! Therefore, in James it tells that we must be doers of the Word, not hearers only (roughly paraphrased). The amazing love that God lavishes on us will cause action if we truely believe and love God, and we need to be doers- tellers, proclaimers, servants, lovers- not just believers. I hope my response will encourage you that you are not alone and God hears those words we are lacking. If not, I thank you for giving me the opportunity to find the words I needed to say. I Love You.
    -Erin Mattingly

    ReplyDelete