Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Luke 2:10-11
10And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. 11For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

As the house is extra quiet this morning (we do the kids' gifts on Christmas Eve so they aren't up yet), I've had a chance to have my devotional time by the Christmas tree with a great cup of coffee. My devotional this morning was Psalm 30, which has the wonderful verses about weeping may last for the night, but joy comes in the morning. When I pondered on these verses and what they mean to me in my life, I couldn't help but think about all the people I know (and those I have never met) who do not know the true JOY of Christmas. I'm not talking about getting gifts or even spending time with family and friends, both of which I truly enjoy. I'm talking about Jesus, sent to earth as a baby so that as a man he would die because of and as a sacrifice for MY sins.

I cannot imagine walking through life without having a personal relationship with Christ. That relationship is what gets me through everyday...good or bad. With Christ, I know that I may have times of weeping, but joy WILL come. He may bring it quickly or it may be postponed until He returns. Either way, joy will come in the morning!

Now the question is, what am I going to do with it? If you are blessed with a personal relationship with Christ, what are you doing with it? Will we keep this precious gift to ourselves or will we share it this Christmas and in the year to come?

Merry Christmas!
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment