Tuesday, December 22, 2009

We've Only Just Begun...

Here we go! We've decided to try the whole blog thing as a way for us to keep family and friends posted on the ever crazy world of our family and as a way for Brooke and I to continue to build our relationship. As she is moving toward a new phase in her life--graduation is now just 6 months away--we are finding that we are closer than ever.

I must say that this has been such a blessing that God has poured into our lives. I've always known my 'job' is to be her mother, not her best friend. Sometimes that is hard medicine to swallow, especially when we have only 1 girl. However, over time I feel like she and I have both come to a deep respect for the roles God has placed us in and we are loving every minute of the time we get to spend together.

We're not sure exactly how this blog will work for us. Sometimes you will hear from me and sometimes from Brooke. There will probably be times we'll collaborate. We're simply looking forward to what God has for our family and want to share glimpses of that with you. We hope you enjoy the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment